A pathetic paradox, then: Psychiatry has never been better able to help people yet many don’t get the help they need.
— Dr. Gratzer, writing in The Globe
Dr. Gratzer has published essays on many topics, including health care policy and elections. Here are a few essays.
- With a new federal government promising help for the mentally ill, Dr. Gratzer suggests thinking big — or, rather, small. This Globe article is co-written with Dr. David Goldbloom.
- As Canada gears up to take in and house 25,000 Syrian refugees, Dr. Gratzer advocates for the next great national project in National Post: housing the homeless.
- With mental illness more and more considered by society, why do so many people fall through the cracks? In The Globe and Mail, he considers the failure of public policy and mental illness.
- Obesity is a hot topic, with many prescribing “solutions” including a so-called fat tax. In a Montreal Economic Institute paper, Dr. Gratzer discusses obesity.
- Are doctors part of the problem? In this Huffington Post article, he considers obesity and Canada.
- How to prevent spiraling health care costs? Dr. Gratzer considers obesity (and health costs).